Friday, June 15, 2012

Fun with PSP's Kaleidoscope Effect (Mini Tut)

Hello all! I decided to post a "How To" Tut for everybody to practice with as I am getting ready to write my first tutorial that will be set in the Creative Addictions Exclusive Members Tutorial section. Which means, in order to be able to work that tut, you will need to be a member of Creative Addictions, which is a super-fun forum group with lots of tutorials and psp goodie bags and challenges and contests. So...with that let's get started. I use the version PSPX2. This feature works with any version of PSP, however and is very easy to use and you can get very creative with it. First, you open up your image in PSP. If you are using a tube, you can easily create an image, like I have by simply taking your tube and pasting it as a new layer on your new canvas and using Mura Meister>Copies>Wallpaper>Rotate set at 20 and Voila! Then go to Effects>Reflection Effects>Kaleidoscope and then just kinda play with the settings until you find something you like... Here's my example: And this is what I came up with after using the wonderful artwork of ©Caron Vinson www.caronvinson.com which I had purchased at CILM a few years back (but you can find her at CDO estore now). This makes wonderful backgrounds and is very fun, easy and versatile to play with! I made this forum set out of it for my Creative Addictions Siggy Swap partner, Carolyn! Let's see what you can come up with! Have a great day! ~Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment